+(30)22460 44427 - Mobile:(+30) 6932293281
Samstag, November 18, 2017


   Tilos History

   Tilos was, according to mythology, the nephew of the men that educated god Zeus during his upbringing on Crete.
   He desperately sought for a cure for his sick mother, and after traveling widely, he finally found some herbs on this island that made his mother well.
   and then returned to the island and built temples to Apollo and Poseidon and became their priest.

 

   There is archaeological evidence that the Minoans, Cretans, had a settlement on this island around 1500 BC.

 

   It was a member of the Athenian League in the 5th century BC, and was conquered by the Romans in the 1st century BC.

   The Knights of Rhodes took over the island in 1306, and was occupied by the Turks in the 16th century.

   The locals would then live up in the mountains to protect themselves from pirates and enraged Turks, and did not move further down until the 19th century.
   In 1912 the island belonged to Italy, and there were also German soldiers here during the last two years of World War II.

   It became part of Greece in 1948.
 


 

Kontakt

Seaview Hotel Apartments
Livadia,Tilos island , Greece
Email: info@seaview-tilos.gr

Map


Seaview Tilos Hotel and Breakfast

(c) 2015 Seaview Hotel
Powered by Bookingplan.gr

 

Scroll to top